Sunday, September 23, 2007

9/23/07

Fast food math, originally uploaded by cmdbryant.


Fast Food Math Lesson. It went something like this...
R: Here you have 2 balls Jayce, what happens when I give you 2 more?
J: I have 4 balls!
R: Right! So if I take one ball away, how many do you have?
J: Three... but I want 5 balls.
R: Ok, I take 2 balls away, I subtract 2, how many do you have now?
J: You're just being mean to me. I only have one ball now and you're not being fair taking my balls away like that.
R: So I take another ball away. How many do you have now?
J: This is not fair. I want 5 balls and now I don't have any and you are just mean and I don't like this game.
R: So if I give you these balls back, how many do you have?
J: Three, but I want 5! (near tears) I do not like this game. You are just mean.
Oh, the injustice of math!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROFL that's great!

-T

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh my god I'm dying here. So so funny. If that doesn't sum up what it felt like to be three I don't know what does!

Anonymous said...

Well now, I don't know if I should be mad 'cause you're mean to my grandson!! What a clever way to teach a math lesson!